There’s nothing better on a hot July day than a refreshing glass of lemonade. However, if you’re like me and get easily bored with your food, try adding an herbal twist with some dried lavender. It’s sweet, unique, and sure to please anyone you serve it to (even skeptical Aunt Louise). Garnish with some flowers fresh from the garden and you’ve got yourself one gorgeous summer drink.
- 8 lemons
- 1/4 cup dried lavender (add more according to your preference)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tray of ice cubes
- cold water, added as necessary
- sprigs of fresh lavender for garnish
- Juice the lemons; strain and set aside in a bowl.
- Boil two cups of water, and then pour into a bowl with the lavender. Allow to steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain out the lavender and discard it. Mix the sugar into the lavender water, then pour the mixture into a 2 quart pitcher over ice.
- Add the lemon juice, and then top the mixture off with cold water until the pitcher is near full. Stir and enjoy! If you so desire, place fresh lavender flowers into the individual glasses once the lemonade is poured.