We’ve all seen the infamous Loopy Doopy drink on Instagram – a boozy fruit-infused popsicle that’s submerged in rosecco or prosecco. Influencers flock to The Conrad Hotel’s rooftop bar to ‘gram envy-worthy pictures of this cocktail, often set against a stunning view of the New York cityscape. However, if you’ve ever had the misfortune of actually attending Loopy Doopy Bar, you know the prices are astronomical and the drinks leave a lot to be desired (seriously? $25 for a half-assed slushee?). The drink is delicious, but the sticker shock marrs the exquisite taste. With this in mind, I wanted to try and create a much more inexpensive, equally enticing version. Enter boozy ice cubes: filled with gin, blackberries, and lime juice, these refreshers only took two minutes prepare. A few hours in the freezer is all it takes to elevate your prosecco from blasé to bougie.
1/2 cup gin
1/4 lime juice (about 3 small limes)
1/4 cup of blackberries, washed
1 tbsp simple syrup
1 bottle of rosecco or prosecco
1. Combine lime juice, blackberries, simple syrup, and gin in a large Pyrex measuring cup or pitcher.
2. Muddle the blackberries until everything is thouroughly mixed.
3. Pour mixture into a standard ice cube tray, distributing evenly in each space.
4. Freeze for 6 hours, or overnight.
5. Place in a glass of rosecco or prosecco, filled halfway up.